College is an amazing time in life. After the party, studying and schooling is through, one can feel quite lost. One can find themselves stranded in a new city, back at their parent’s house or just traveling to new places without a clue about their future. With that, we’re going to list some essential movies that will capture that point in life. That post-college point in life.
- The Graduate – This movie captures perfectly what life after college can be like. We see our hero drifting through life. Going to the pool, to bars and basically just living from moment to mundane moment. He doesn’t work and doesn’t have any clear objective. He is basically just existing and mildly enjoying it.
- St. Elmo’s Fire – This movie shows how fast and dramatic things can be after college. These great friends were so close in school and with everyday it seems the world is pushing them further and further apart from each other. This movie is super realistic when it comes to what can happen to college friendships.
- The Diner – This movie is another great movie about growing into your mid and late twenties. These guys are pretty much going from 21-year-old college graduates to real men. One even gets married. Truly it can be scary.
- Beautiful Girls – This movie is about a success returning to his hometown and seeing what has become of all his friends. He is on the edge between staying and living the quite life or starting a career in New York. This shows what can easily happen to a lot of people after leaving college.
- High Fidelity – Truly this a great end of an era film. This shows what happens when one is kind of stuck in that world outside of college and never moved on.