You are in college. It means a lot of fun, but also means a lot of penny pinching and living off a strict budget. It’s really easy to go out and eat bad food every day at the local fast food joint, but I can promise you you’ll be looking at your bank account every month and seeing a haunting minus sign behind your balance. The best thing you can do is shop at the market and cook for yourself. Here are some basic, cheap and filling meals.
- Jacket Potatoes – Simple and astounding, Jacket Potatoes are always a treat when you come by them. You just slit them, bake them and pour over whatever you like. It can be some sour cream or bacon and cheese.
- Pasta Bake – Who has ever gone wrong with pasta? Baked pasta is especially a good time. You can bake it with some delicious cheese and meats and some veggies and you’ll be eating a first class amazing meal.
- Omelettes – Eggs are super cheap and they’ll last long. Veggies are also cheap. You can do so much with eggs and one of the best uses for an egg is cooking an omelette. You can get very creative with your omelettes or just the basic naked omelettes with nothing.
- Thai Curry – There is nothing better then a reliable curry and Thai curry is the easiest to prepare. Get some curry paste, onions, garlic, chilies, lemon grass and shrimp paste and you’re all set for an amazing, cheap and filling meal.
- Granola – Granola is tasty, cheap and super easy to prepare. It’s simple all you have to do is pour it on something. Yogurt goes best but honestly you just chuck a couple of handfuls into your mouth and that should hold you over for a few hours.