Did you choose the right major? If you did you’re probably super engaged in every class and burning with anticipation over that day when you get to tackle a long career in your field. Some won’t feel this way. The anticipation isn’t there and they find themselves just going through the motions. Here are five signs that you’ve chosen the wrong major.
- Bored in Class – This is your major. If you find yourself bored in class learning about what you’re going to be doing for the rest of your life, what makes you think you’ll enjoy the job. This should be a giant red flag that you need to change what you’re studying.
- You Ditch – If you find yourself ditching class with friends and undermining your studies. This is a sign that it just isn’t holding your interest. You should search for a major that will interest you can and have you anticipating your next class. This is definitely something you should be excited about.
- The Bare Minimum – Another sign that you aren’t passionate about your major is if you find yourself just doing the bare minimum in class. If you’re just struggling by with a barely passing grade it shows that your heart really isn’t in it.
- Everything Else Sounds More Interesting – If you hear about other people’s majors and they sound so much more fun and interesting, you should probably consider a switch. Your major should be the funnest one to you in your mind. If that isn’t the case you surely have a problem on your hands.
- The Thought of Doing This Forever Scares You – If thinking about your future and feel nothing but pain, fear and sadness, you probably need to find something that you’re more passionate about.